I was recently asked by Buzzfeed.com to come up with an exciting tutorial involving lego pieces. I set to work coming up with some fun, modern twists for using lego!
What you need:
Small magnets (I bought 25 from eBay for £1.25)
Spray paint (optional)
1. You will need some lego, some small magnets (I bought 25 from eBay for £2), super glue and some spray paint (optional)
2. Attach the magnet. Turn the lego pieces over and glue a small blob of super glue onto the magnet. Then hold the magnet onto the back of the lego piece for a few seconds to secure. Top tip - test the magnet with another magnet first to ensure the correct side is facing out. Oh hello David Beckham..fancy seeing you here!
3. Spray paint your lego. This step is optional. I decided to spray paint some of my pieces gold (why not!) To do this be sure to shake the can for 1 minute first and then move the lego onto a protective surface. Spray the lego in little bursts to avoid the paint going on too thick.
4. Leave to dry for 30/40 mins.
5. Your magnets are finished! Stick them on your fridge, notice boards and more!
1. You will need a lego piece, one box closer, one jump ring, one gold necklace, superglue, a pair of beading pliers and some gold spray paint. I bought my necklace, box closer and jump ring from a local bead store for around £2 in total.
2. First off, spray your lego piece gold. To do this, move the lego onto a protected surface such as some old newspaper and then spray in short bursts to ensure a thin even coverage.
3. Leave the piece to dry and prep the fastenings. To start with use the pliers to open out and flatten down the box closer bead.
4. Once the lego piece is dry, turn it over and glue along the flat length of the box closer. Then hold the closer onto the back of the piece for a few seconds.
5. Once dry you can attach the jump ring. To do this use the pliers to open out the ring half way. Then hook the box closer onto the ring and once again using the pliers, close the ring back together.
6. Feed your necklace through the jump ring and you are finished!
7. Accessorise with a collared shirt for a super cool look.
To see the full post on Buzzfeed, click here.