I've made these rolls before with capers but this time I've decided to make them purely vegan. They are so simple to make, so delicious and apart from the salt, they are super duper healthy too.
I've made them today as a healthy alternative to take to girls night tonight but they are an ideal summery starter or a side dish.
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Handful of basil
1 tsp flaked salt
Ground pepper to season
1. Start by making your cucumber strips. This couldn't be easier. Use a peeler to pull along the length of the cucumber. Repeat this process until you get to the middle of the cucumber and it becomes too fleshy. Turn over and repeat on the other side.
Leave the leftover cucumber to one side and use it for a salad or to make some tzatziki (mmm!)
2. Add the avocados (I had quite big ones so only used one and a half), torn up basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to a bowl and mash with a fork.
3. Lay one cucumber strip onto your worktop or chopping board and layer a coat of the avocodo mixture all the way along and roll up fairly tightly.
4. As you roll you'll notice to mixture slightly push to the end, don't worry though, this overspill acts as a glue at the end to hold the roll together.
5. Eat straight away or pop in an airtight container in the fridge until you wish to eat them.