My doughnut pan finally arrived last week so it was time to get practising. First off I made Vanilla doughnuts with a simple glaze but unfortunately we'd ran out of olive oil so instead I used rapeseed oil which was a HUGE mistake as they just tasted like earth!
On Sunday I noticed Kitsunetsukiki had used a recipe by La Gallette so I decided to give it a whirl too. I modified the ingredients slightly as I wanted to make chocolate orange ones that were gluten free but they came out perfectly. All hail La Gallette for the wonderous recipe!
1 1/2 cup plain gluten free flour
3 tbsp cacao
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1/2 cup almond milk
1/3 cup chickpea puree
2 tsp vanilla extract
Rind of one orange
1. Preheat oven to 180c and pop your donut pan in there to heat up.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients into a bowl and set to one side.
3. Blitz up the chickpeas, milk, oil and vanilla extract in a blender until smooth.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix. If the consistency is too stiff (it should be a thick batter ideally) add a splash more almond milk.
5. Once mixed, add to piping bag with round end nozzle and pipe into your now warm doughnut pan.
6. Cook for 15 minutes. Whilst cooking make your glaze. I mixed icing sugar with the juice from my orange.
8. Remove from oven and set to cool slightly.
9. Pour over your glaze and decorate with some leftover orange rinds.
I can't wait to try out some more variations!